Question:
Can anyone please analyze this passage form Jane Eyre?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Can anyone please analyze this passage form Jane Eyre?
One answer:
2008-09-21 11:23:20 UTC
I think the names of the towns at the crossing she's at perhaps should be capitalized: North-Midland Shire, Dusk With Moorland, Ridged With Mountain. Although they are names, they are descriptive as well, so she is saying that she can also see what these names are referring to, but not capitalizing them makes it confusing.

She is more or less stranded having lost her purse in the coach, which I find hard to believe that she would do that, being as logical as she is, however dysfunctional. Her dysfunctions adds to her fear and causes her to be more destitute because she won't talk to any passerbys or strangers in order to ask for help. Her remoteness could also be part of the Victorian culture she lives in, but it's more obvious that the Victorian culture has weakened her from having been abused in an atrociously religious orphanage.