Question:
now is the winter of our discontent?
iltamusiikki
2007-12-24 00:43:30 UTC
Which character opens shakespeare's play, Richard III, by saying now is the winter of our discontent.....?
Four answers:
2007-12-24 00:47:00 UTC
Richard III

Richard describing the accession to the throne of his brother

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_III_%28play%29#Characters
2007-12-24 00:53:04 UTC
"Notes: This is not a misquotation but, in one reader's opinion, a selective quotation, because the grammar of the quotation is different from the grammar of the original, and hence the meaning may be lost on some. As misquoted, is is the main verb, and the phrase means, "The winter of our discontent is happening now." In the full quote, is is an auxillary verb, and might be rephrased according to modern usage, to clarify the meaning: "Now the winter of our discontent is made into a glorious summer by this sun of York."( this sun of York and not son, a punning reference to the coat of arms of Edward IV)"
hfrankmann
2007-12-24 00:48:02 UTC
Richard himself:

Now is the winter of our discontent

Made glorious summer by this son of York;

And all the clouds that low'r'd upon our house

In the deep bosom of the ocean burie
?
2016-12-18 12:36:13 UTC
it rather is wintry climate time right here, even though it rather is seventy 5 tiers out and the sunlight is shining dazzling! no longer a cloud interior the sky.. yet i think of it rather is meant to be 18 on monday.. this dang texas climate! grrrrrr...