Question:
What was worse: Slavery or the time of discrimination and the KKK after slavery?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
What was worse: Slavery or the time of discrimination and the KKK after slavery?
Four answers:
Nothingusefullearnedinschool
2008-10-22 04:58:33 UTC
I agree, basically, with your assessment: afterwards it was more dangerous, because of the radical people.

But, originally, slavery had nothing to do with "color" or "race". Georgia was founded by slaves, prisoners, from England. They were white. My own ancestors came to the Colonies as "indentured servants". Indentured servants could be beaten, killed, robbed, in the case of women, raped, repeatedly. In other words, they were slaves.

Most people today are slaves; slaves to fashion, to drugs, but, even more, slaves to the filthy rich.

But, as to what you say, which was worse, the period of slavery or after, definitely afterwards was more dangerous to the blacks. Regrettably.

I needs also must point out that the KKK was anti-Jewish, anti-Native American, and anti-decency.

They were low-lifes, despicable, and to be pitied.

The American version of Nazis.
2008-10-22 03:21:20 UTC
I understand what you're saying- I don't know. The greater evil was to be enslaved, I think.

People were never intended to be slaves- it was man's greed and ambition that caused slavery to be accepted.
Kevin789
2008-10-22 02:52:34 UTC
i would say after because during slavery not as many blacks were gtting killed because they were property

but afterwards they werent property so more black ended up getting murdered
2008-10-22 10:00:27 UTC
Both were bad for them. But in my opinion the days of slavery was the worst. They were stolen away from their home they were whipped the women were raped. They were forced to live below any human standards in some cases below even what some put an animal through. They were whipped again sometimes just to break their spirit. They were forced to watch as their children were hurt, raped and humiliated.

All this for profit or because the whites were too damn lazy to do for themselves.